Lemon cupcakes are topped with a light pomegranate frosting and fresh pomegranate seeds in these light and refreshing Pomegranate Lemon Cupcakes.
Valentine’s is this week and in Utah, it has been beautiful weather, it feels like spring! What does that mean?
It’s time for bright and beautiful colors and fresh, spring flavors. This cupcake is perfect for this! All your Valentine’s that are in your life will love this treat and you need to save a couple for yourself.
2 Sticks of butter softened
2 cups of sugar
juice from 1 1/2 lemons
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 1/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup pomegranate juice
2 sticks butter, softened
3 to 5 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line tins with cupcake liners.
- Combine together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, and mix completely. Add the lemon juice and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix well. Add the milk and mix completely.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the prepared cups and bake for about 18 minutes. Cool completely.
- When the cupcakes are cooling, you can start the frosting. Pour the pomegranate juice in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil until it has reduced to half. Cool completely.
- Cream the butter and 3 cups of powdered sugar. Add the cooled, reduced pomegranate juice and beat until smooth. Add more powdered sugar if you want a more stiff consistency.
- Frost the cupcakes and garnish with pomegranate seeds.
Nothing is better than a homemade treat!