Seriously, You don’t have to take my word, you can look at the comments, these are the best peanut butter cookies ever!
One of my favorite flavor for cookies is peanut butter! There is a lot of recipes for this favorite standby but, again, by trial and error, I’m always on the hunt for the one that stands up to the title of BEST cookie ever! This cookie really melts in your mouth! When I made them the other day, my husband COULD NOT stop eating them!
1 cup brown sugar, packed firmly
1 cup white sugar
½ cup shortening
½ cup butter, softened
1 cup peanut butter
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 ¼ cups flour
· Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray cookie sheets with a non-stick spray.
· Cream together the sugars, shortening, butter, and peanut butter.
· Add the eggs and vanilla, mix until well combined.
· Mix the dry ingredients together, add the dry ingredients to the cream mixture.
· Roll the cookie dough into tablespoon size balls.
· Roll the cookie balls into sugar.
· Place on the cookie sheets- DO NOT mash with a fork in normal “peanut butter cookie” fashion.
· Bake for 11 to 13 minutes.