Mac and Cheese Cups
What’s better than homemade Mac and Cheese? When you make it into finger food! It’s perfect for any party or an amazing side dish!
Cassie loves Mac and Cheese! Her older sister claims that is the only thing I would make when they were little because Cassie loved it!! Honestly, it’s usually not my favorite but this little gem has changed my mind!
I’m loving the cheesy topping and how the mac and cheese cup gets a crunchy crust from baking them! Ideal for anyone that has a picky eater and would be a perfect dish to take to any holiday party! So easy to transport.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- CHEESE: Can you use other cheeses? Absolutely! I used a Mexican blend but by all means, use what you have! The flavor will change a little but will still be so delicious!
- STORAGE: If you have leftovers, place them in an airtight container. They should stay good for up to 5 days!
- MUFFIN TIN: I used a regular muffin tin but you can use a mini one. Just make sure you decrease cooking time.
- ADD INS: Go ahead and some crumbled bacon, ham or a pinch of red pepper flakes to jazz it up!
- 2 cups elbows pasta
- 3 tablespoons Panko
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk or half and half
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
Preheat oven to 425 degrees Spray nonstick spray, generously in muffin tin; set aside.
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
Topping, combine Panko, Parmesan and olive oil in a bowl, and set aside.
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, whisking constantly, until thickened, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Stir in cheese until melted, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in egg and pasta, and gently toss to combine; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Scoop the pasta mixture evenly into the muffin tray. Sprinkle with topping. Place into oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Serve immediately, garnished with chives, if desired.
Mac and Cheese Cups
Did you try our Mac and Cheese Cups recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
LET’S TALK APPETIZERS
Chili Cheese Dog Heaven! These tasty little sliders are perfect for game day or an easy family dinner!
Waffle Fries Pizza is the answer to every mama’s prayers! A recipe that only takes one pan, kids will eat it and all pizza lovers will cheer! Perfect dish for a weeknight dinner, appetizer or the answer for any party!
DOESN’T THIS POMEGRANATE SALSA SCREAM THE HOLIDAYS? THE COLORS ARE SO VIBRANT AND SO IS THE FLAVORS! THIS GOES TOGETHER SO FAST AND WILL BECOME ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE APPETIZERS!