Are you looking for something to satisfy your snack craving? These crispy, crunchy corn nuggets will become your best friend. They only take minutes to make but are perfect for any occasion!
We are getting ready for our family Christmas party and I have been looking for recipes that are mouthwatering good! These little nuggets will surprise you on how much of a flavor punch they have.
We love onion rings but this is a little twist on that fabulous stand by. These little gems would be good for a snack, tailgating, appetizer or even a fun side dish for family dinner,
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Make sure oil is at the right temperature before you start to cook. If it’s not the nuggets will fall apart.
- Don’t crowd the pan. Make sure to fry the nuggets in batches.
- Slotted spoon. If you use a slotted spoon, this allows you to remove the corn nuggets from the oil without removing extra oil.
- Eat right away! These are best when served immediately!
- You can freeze these for up to 3 months. Store them in a Ziploc bag or an airtight container.
- You can reheat the nuggets in a oven, air fryer. Please don’t reheat them in the microwave or they will become soggy.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk or half and half
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 canned corn drained
- 1-2 cups oil to deep fry
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- Combine sauce ingredients and set aside
Heat oil in a heavy pot or deep fryer to until it reaches a temperature of 180C/350F.
Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, milk, and shortening. Combine the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Fold through the corn.
Drop the nugget batter by spoonfuls into the hot oil. Fry until golden, around 2-3 minutes.
Remove the nuggets from the oil and place them on a paper towel to drain. Serve immediately.
Did you try our Corn Nugget recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
LET’S TALK APPETIZERS
Who’s ready for a recipe that will knock your socks off? This Cracked Corn Dip will do just that! Easy to prepare and will be a repeat to parties to come!
Chili Cheese Dog Heaven! These tasty little sliders are perfect for game day or an easy family dinner!
It’s time for you to introduce your tortilla chip to Cowboy Caviar! It is so easy to make and over the top on taste! It’s also great to add to tacos, bowls, burritos and so much more!