Best Potato Soup
I know you have had Potato Soup before, but you haven’t had the best! This thick and creamy soup is made in just one pot, make your taste buds happy, and warm your toes!
Today, just made me feel like Winter is just around the corner! It’s been cloudy for a couple of days but it finally decided to rain! I love rain! It’s smells so good outside and it made me start carving my favorite food…..soup!
I have made several versions of potato soup but this is seriously the best one I have ever made! When I think about Potato soup, I think potatoes, onions, cream and cheese, which makes a mean bowl of soup but this is so, so much more!
Trust me! When you add the carrots, celery and bacon, it totally changes the game!
TIPS AND TRICKS
POTATOES: I love to use a Yukon potato, they are such a creamy potato. Also, size matters! Don’t cut your potatoes any larger than a bite size chunk.
PUREE: To make it creamy, take at least half of the soup and puree it. You can puree the whole pot for a creamy version but I do love texture in my soup.
HEAVY CREAM: If you don’t have heavy cream, you can use half and half or just milk. It will still taste fabulous!
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 whole onion, diced
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 6 whole small yukon potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tsps. salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 8 c. chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1 c. milk
- 1/2 c. heavy cream or half and half
- 1 c. grated cheese of your choice
- In a soup pot over medium heat, add the bacon pieces and cook until crisp and the fat is rendered. Remove the bacon from the pot and set it aside. Pour off most of the grease, but do not clean the pot.
- Return the pot to medium-high heat and add the onion, carrot, and celery. Stir and cook for 2 minutes or so, then add the diced potatoes. Cook for 5 minutes, seasoning with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Pour in the broth and bring it to a gentle boil. Cook for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes start to get tender. Whisk together the flour and the milk, then pour it into the soup and allow the soup to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove half to two-thirds of the soup and blend, in batches, in a blender or food processor until completely smooth. (Note: Use caution when blending hot soup; if possible, allow the soup to cool before blending.) Pour it back into the soup pot and stir to combine. Let it heat back up as you taste for seasonings, adding more of what it needs. Stir in the cream, then stir in the parsley, reserving a little for garnish.
- Serve in bowls with cheese, and crisp bacon pieces.
Did you try our Best Potato Soup recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
Best Potato Soup
Chicken Pot Pie Soup is good for the soul. I love fall and all the soups, the weather and everything!
This Tomato Parm Soup is as easy as pie! Perfect one pan meal that will make your family happy any night of the week! It takes less than 30 minutes to make!
Shepherd’s Pie Soup recipe has all the elements on your favorite pie! It’s comes together so easy and is perfect for Winter nights. It will make you happy and give you the warm fuzzies all the way down to your toes!