This recipe might not be pretty but it will quickly become your favorite! It’s packed with so much flavor. The combination of beef, corn, beans and noodles will not disappoint. Did I mention it’s a one pot dinner that only takes 40 minutes until it hits your table!
My 20 year old daughter has been sending me pictures of recipes that are drool worthy. When I saw this one, I could tell why she loved it……cheese! I wasn’t sure that we would love this because it seemed weird to have egg noodles with Mexican ingredients, but it works! It really does work!
TIPS AND TRICKS
PROTEIN: You can use any kind of protein you would like, it will still taste so yummy!
BEANS: We used kidney beans but black beans would be tasty or if you don’t love beans, leave them out.
STORAGE: This will store well in the fridge up to 3 days in an airtight container. It would also be a great freezer meal.
CHEESE: I used cheddar cheese but a Mexican blend would be so good.
- 1 pound ground beef
- (1) (15 oz) can sweet corn, drained
- 1 jar mild, chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 3 ½ cups cooked egg noodles
- (1) (15.25 oz) can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 1 (1.25 oz) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 4 to 5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven 325 degrees
- In a skillet, add and cook ground beef over medium heat until evenly brown. Drain.
- In a 9×13 inch baking dish, combine beef, corn, salsa, olives, cooked noodles, beans, taco sauce, seasoning mix, and tomato sauce. Stir in 2 cups of the cheese, and then sprinkle the rest on top.
- Bake for ½ hour and uncovered until thoroughly cook in the preheated oven.
Did you try our Mexican Casserole recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
WHAT’S FOR DINNER?
Tuscan chicken and potatoes, with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes, all in a garlic cream sauce is what dreams are made of! This Tuscan dish inspired meal is loaded!
This creamy, delicious Easy Garlic Bread Chicken Pot Pie is quick and simple to make. This classic recipe is filled with vegetables, but the twist is the garlic bread topping. Bonus, it’s ready in just 30 minutes.
Is steak your favorite thing to order at the restaurant? Afraid it won’t taste as good at home? If you said yes, this recipe will change your mind! It’s a quick and easy recipe for skillet steak with potatoes and carrots, that will leave your mouth watering!
It’s a one-pan dinner that looks (and tastes) fancy but is totally foolproof.