Get your fork ready! This easy deep dish quiche is perfect for any meal! The crunchy bacon, caramelized onions and ooey gooey cheese will satisfy everyone. Hello yummy!
I guess I have eggs on the brain since Easter is just right around the corner! But this recipe will be on your mind all year long! It’s so easy to make and is moreish!
The combination of the light and fluffy eggs and flaky pie crust make it hard to say no.
TIPS AND TRICKS
PIE CRUST: You can make homemade pie crust but I used a frozen premade one. either way, it will be delicious. If you do use the frozen version, make sure that your crust is thawed and you take your fork and stab the bottom of the crust.
HOT OR COLD? This is totally up to you! It’s delicious piping hot but still as delicious at a warm temperature. Heck, it’s even delicious at room temperature.
CHEESE: I used cheddar cheese but if you are feeling a little adventurous, gruyere cheese, swiss cheese, and sharp cheese will blow your skirt up and down. Heck, go crazy, and use a little feta or pepper jack.
MEAT: If you are not a bacon lover, I know, I was surprised that they exist but you can substitute it with ham, sausage, chicken or even salmon.
VEGGIES: If you are not a fan of onions or spinach, you can replace them or compliment them with bell peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, or green onions.
STORAGE: You can freeze the baked quiche up 2 to 3 months. Just make sure to thaw it overnight in the fridge. Reheat in a 325 degree oven for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 1 whole unbaked pie crust (enough for a deep dish pan) I used Marie Calendars
- 1 large yellow onions, diced
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 8 whole large eggs
- 1 1/2 c. heavy cream or half-and-half
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 c. grated cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and saute the onions on a medium-low heat for at least 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are deep golden brown. add the garlic to the onions a few minutes before the onions are done. Set aside to cool.
- Cook the bacon until chewy. Chop into large bite-sized pieces and set aside to cool. Chop spinach and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Whip the eggs, cream, salt and pepper in a large bowl, then mix in the onions, garlic,bacon, spinach, and cheese. Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Place the pie on a baking sheet, cover lightly with parchment paper, and bake it for about 40 to 45 minutes. Remove the paper and continue baking for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the quiche is set and the crust is golden brown. (The quiche will still seem slightly loose, but will continue to set once remove from the oven.)
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Cut into slices with a sharp serrated knife, and serve!
Did you try our Farmhouse Quiche recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
FAMILY LOVING RECIPES
Hello old friend. Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas are one of our family’s favorite recipes. Here’s a new twist on our old recipe!
This is your ultimate mashed potatoes in a soup! It’s loaded with smooth potatoes, melty cheese, bacon, and green onions. Move over boring soup, there’s a new girl in town!
Chicken Divan is a all time family favorite! Chicken is covered with a delicious creamy sauce, paired with broccoli and a crunchy topping. You can serve it over mashed potatoes, rice, biscuits or even spaghetti noodles!
12 thoughts on “Farmhouse Quiche”
This looks so good. I’ll have to try it.
Oustanding, love the spinach and bacon combo. Will for sure make this at home over the weekend. Visited from Full Plate Thursday, 635. If interested please visit Senior Salon Pit Stop, Monday through Saturday, and come and share your awesome and outstanding posts with us. Hope to meet you there.
thank you for stopping by!
What a beautiful quiche! Perfect for the spring especially mother’s day! This sounds so good…I cannot wait to make it!
thanks for stopping by!
Oh, this looks so delicious! I’ll be featuring this today at Thursday Favorite Things. Thanks for sharing this yummy quiche with us. 🙂
Ladies this looks delicious! Thank you so much for sharing at my Weekly Wednesday Link Party! I’m happy to be featuring your recipe this week! https://www.ourtinynest.com/2023/04/19/weekly-link-party-344/
Have a great one 🙂
We sure have enjoyed featuring your awesome post on Full Plate Thursday, 636 this week. Thanks so much for sharing with us and hope that you will come back to see us soon!