Chicken Divan is a all time family favorite! Chicken is covered with a delicious creamy sauce, paired with broccoli and a crunchy topping. You can serve it over mashed potatoes, rice, biscuits or even spaghetti noodles!
There are recipes that seem to go to the top of the list when making dinner for your family! This is one of them! It started out to be the only way to sneak broccoli into my kids lives and now it’s one of their favorites!
TIPS AND TRICKS
- CHICKEN: I use rotisserie chicken to speed up the process but you can always use skinless, boneless, chicken breasts, or even canned chicken.
- BROCCOLI: You can use frozen broccoli but please make sure to thaw it out and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- PROTEIN: You can also use a different protein than chicken. You could use turkey.
- LEMON: Add a little lemon juice for a bright touch.
- SOUR CREAM: You can use mayo or Greek yogurt instead of the sour cream.
- FREEZER MEAL: This is a great freezer meal option. Just make sure to place in a airtight container or cover it well. It will stay good up to 3 months.
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups fresh broccoli
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken cut up
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 to3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese freshly grated, separated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon EACH: garlic powder, onion powder, and dried parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup panko or crushed Ritz crackers or corn flakes
- 4 tablespoons butter
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a large skillet, add butter and vegetable oil. Once the butter is melted, add the broccoli, onion, and garlic. Saute for 4 to 5 minutes.
Gradually add in flour, make sure to stir to cove the veggies. Then gradually add in the milk while continuing to stirring. Add the heavy cream. Gradually stir in the chicken broth. Stir until completely smooth. Add in 1 cup of cheese and stir again until completely smooth. Add in sour cream and stir until smooth. Stir in the chicken bouillon powder, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
Spray casserole dish with cooking spray. Add the dry broccoli sauce to the 9x13-inch casserole dish. Sprinkle the chicken over top. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top of sauce. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Add the panko and toast, stirring constantly, until crumbs are light brown and toasted. Sprinkle topping evenly over cheese. Cover casserole with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly around the edges. Remove and serve hot.
Did you try our Chicken Divan recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
Tuna Casserole is the under rated comfort food! Let’s be honest, nothing tastes better when you need that food hug! Creamy pasta with flaky tuna oozing with melted cheese and buttery breadcrumbs. Yes, you’re right, you need this tonight!
ll the delicious flavor of the traditional dish but nestled all together into a mouth watering breakfast casserole.
Best Spaghetti Casserole is a delicious twist on the old classic. It’s different than your typical spaghetti casserole recipes.