Crockpot Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Crockpot Chicken Gnocchi Soup is perfect on a busy winter day. It’s not super hard to make and it warms the soul!
We love soup in the winter here. I’m not much of a snow and winter gal. I love the fall but one thing that keeps me going in the winter is all the good things like soup, hot cocoa.
I swear we have Christmas in the winter to help keep us happy and upbeat! I love all the stuff that comes with Christmas. When you are cold to your bones it’s hard to warm up and soup really helps with that!
- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoon water
- 2 – 12 oz. cans evaporated milk
- 2 lbs. of gnocchi or 4 cups
- 8 slices of bacon
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Place the chicken, carrots, celery, onions, basil, Italian seasoning, poultry seasoning, salt, and broth in a crockpot or slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours. Shred the chicken directly in the crockpot.
- Add the cornstarch mixture, evaporated milk, and gnocchi. Stir and replace cover. Cook another 45 minutes – 1 hour until the soup has thickened and the gnocchi has softened.
- While the soup is thickening, cut the bacon into small pieces and fry until crispy. Drain on paper towels and wipe most of the bacon grease out of the pan, leaving just a little bit for the spinach/garlic. Add the garlic and sauté for one minute. Add the spinach and stir until wilted. Remove from heat. Add the bacon and spinach to the crockpot. Stir to combine.
- Add any additional liquid as needed and season again with salt and pepper as needed.
Did you try our Crockpot Chicken Gnocchi Soup recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
SLOW COOKER LOVE
The slow cooker is my best friend these days, especially in the mornings! Slow Cooker Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal will knock your socks off!
Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwich is the perfect idea for any meal for lunch or dinner. The meat is slow cooked for hours and then served on a toasted hoagie with melted provolone. One dip into the broth you’ll think you’ve died and gone to heaven.