Bubble Up Chicken Pot Pie
Who doesn’t love Chicken Pot Pie? That creamy mixture of chicken, veggies, and topped with the biscuit topping is the perfect combination. The whole meal is made in just one pan and you thought it couldn’t get any better!
This is my all time favorite comfort food! It has everything that I love and it’s so easy to make! The weather starts getting a little cold outside and I get excited to make this!
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Biscuit Topping: I have found if you don’t make the biscuits small, they won’t cook all the way through. I use my kitchen scissors to cut each biscuit into 8 pieces.
- Veggies: If you don’t have the veggies that I suggest in the recipe, just use what you have .
- Meat: I used chicken in my pot pie but you can substitute it with chicken or beef.
- How to Store: Leftovers need to be completely cool and then placed into an airtight container or tightly wrapped in tin foil.
- Cooking Spray: Make sure to spray the biscuits before putting it in the oven. It will help them brown up.
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken, shredded
- 1 Medium Potato Diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 cup Celery
- 1 ½ cup Carrots
- 1 cup peas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon Celery Seed
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian Seasonings
- 1 ¾ cup Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Half and Half
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 pkg. Pillsbury Grand Biscuits
- Cooking Spray
In your oven safe skillet, melt butter. Add the celery, onion and carrots and sauté for 3 minutes.
Add the garlic and simmer for a couple of minutes. Sprinkle the flour on top of the veggies and stir.
Add Chicken Broth and turn up the heart and stir until the sauce thickens. Use a flat bottomed wooden spoon to scrape and lift any stuck bits.
Turn down the heat to a simmer. Add half and half and cubed potatoes and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
Add Seasonings~ Celery Seed, Onion Powder, Crushed Garlic, and Italian Seasonings. Stir to combine with vegetables
Add Chicken and combine.
Add the peas and stir
Cut Grands Biscuits into eight pieces.
Place Biscuits on top of Pot Pie Filling. Do not overlap or cram too many biscuit pieces into a small space. They won't cook evenly.
Bake at 325 Degrees for 30-35 minutes. The Center will take longer to bake. Cover edges in tin foil the last few minutes to prevent from burning.
Did you try our Bubble Up Chicken Pot Pie recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
COMFORT FOOD AT IT’S BEST
Nothing is better in cold weather than grilled cheese sandwiches and homemade tomato soup!
Tuna Casserole is the under rated comfort food! Let’s be honest, nothing tastes better when you need that food hug! Creamy pasta with flaky tuna oozing with melted cheese and buttery breadcrumbs. Yes, you’re right, you need this tonight!
Salisbury Steak is a quick and easy meal to make! You will make it once and it will become a family favorite! Comfort food at it’s best!