Salisbury Steak is a quick and easy meal to make! You will make it once and it will become a family favorite! Comfort food at it’s best!
It’s funny what you remember from your childhood. One of my favorite things was when we had a TV dinner! Frozen meals weren’t like they are now and it was a real treat when one of those nights rolled around.
Geez, that was the life! lol! One of my favorite dish was the Salisbury Steak! I don’t know what it was but it hit the spot. I don’t think I would love it as much now but it did send me on a quest to share with you a homemade Salisbury steak that would bring joy to your life!
I pretty sure this will put a smile on your kisser and make your family satisfied and happy!
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- Get Ready! Set out all the ingredients before you start! It helps you create more smoothly.
- Spatula size matters! Use a large spatula so it will fully support the meat patty.
- Don’t like onions or mushrooms? No problem! The gravy will still be delicious!
Best Salisbury Steak
- SALISBURY STEAK
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 to 2 garlic clove , minced
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 beef bouillon cube , crumbled
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tsp Dijon mustard OR 2 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 onion , finely chopped
- 5 oz. container mushrooms , sliced
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place breadcrumbs in a bowl. Add the onion to the breadcrumbs. Mix with fingers, leave to soak for a few minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients into the large bowl. Use your hands to mix until just combined. Mix well for a couple of minutes until the mixture becomes a bit "pasty" which will ensure your patties hold together well.
- Divide into 5 and pat firmly into oval patties around 3/4".
COOKING AND GRAVY
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat. Add the steaks and cook the first side for 1 minute or until browned, then flip and brown the other side (they will still be raw inside). Remove onto plate.
- If skillet is looking dry, add a touch more oil. Add chopped onion and garlic and cook for 2 minute until onions are a bit translucent.
- Add the mushrooms into the skillet and cook for 2 - 3 minutes until golden.
- Turn heat down to medium. Add butter. Once melted, add flour and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add steaks along with the juices on the plate. Cook for 5 - 7 minutes, or until gravy is thickened, stirring occasionally around the steaks. If the gravy thickens too quickly, add more water.
- Remove steaks onto a plate. Taste gravy and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Top steak with the mushroom gravy - over mashed potato.
Did you try our Salisbury Steak recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us a Instagram!
COMFORT FOOD THAT WILL MAKE SMILE
Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup Recipe is a version of my all time favorite dish. All the flavors you love wrapped in a delicious, creamy bowl of love.
Amish Country Casserole equals comfort food!! Hamburger, Tomato soup, cream of mushroom, onion, garlic, milk, Worcestershire sauce, pasta and parmesan cheese. Makes this the perfect combination for a successful dinner.
This creamy, delicious Easy Garlic Bread Chicken Pot Pie is quick and simple to make. This classic recipe is filled with vegetables, but the twist is the garlic bread topping. Bonus, it’s ready in just 30 minutes.
2 thoughts on “Best Salisbury Steak”
Oh boy does this ever sound fantastic. Bookmarking this so I can try later.
Visiting today from FF#20&21