Delicious Snickerdoodle Cookies
Super Soft And Full Of Cinnamon – This Snickerdoodle Cookies Recipe Is Sure To Be A Hit!
I seriously can not make enough cookies to keep my family happy. Lisa would love it if I would only make chocolate chip cookies every time but after a while that gets old!
Even if chocolate chip cookies are your all-time favorite. Sometimes the old-time favorites are the very best. I realized that I have never made snickerdoodle cookies for Lisa.
She gave them two thumbs up and the cookies were gone by the end of the night!
TIPS FOR GREAT COOKIES
If you don’t have Cream of Tartar, never fear, there are substitutions.
- You can replace the 2 teaspoons cream of tartar and the 1 teaspoon baking soda with 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- You can also use lemon juice or white vinegar for the taste of the cream of tartar.
BUTTER: Make sure your butter is soft. If its too soft, the dough will be too soft. Cold butter will not blend all the way and you will have a thicker cookie. Not all bad!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups plus 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar and eggs, mix creamy and completely combined.
- Mix together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt, and stir into the butter mixture.
- In a small bowl, stir together the remaining 3 Tablespoons sugar with the cinnamon.
- Shape the dough into balls and roll each one in the cinnamon-sugar. Place the balls on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the edges of the cookies, are set but the centers are still soft.
- Transfer the cookies to cooling racks.
Did you try our Delicious Snickerdoodle Cookies recipe? Did you love it? We would love to here from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
WE LOVE COOKIES
We love red velvet cake at our house so making them into cookies is a no brainer. Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies are gourmet to say the least.
Cake batter cookies! This is what happens if a soft-baked chocolate chip cookies and sprinkle filled cake have a baby. If you are a chocolate chip cookie lover and if you love licking the beaters after you have mixed up the cake batter , you will be satisfied!
Soft and spiced carrot cake cookies have all the flavors of carrot cake with cream cheese frosting!