Chicken Pasta is a quick, and the easiest pasta ever! Dinner is ready less than 30 minutes! You’re Welcome!
I love a good pasta dish! It such a well balanced meal all in one pan! When my older kids were young, I would buy Hamburger Helper because everything was in one box. It seemed like a great solution at the time but I realized that cooking from ingredients in your pantry taste sooooo much better, and don’t take anymore time than the box version.
VARIATIONS TO THE RECIPE
- Use the pasta you have in your pantry. I would suggest that you use one that has ridges. The sauce will hide in every spot of this pasta and make your dish that much better.
- If you don’t have chicken, you can use another protein of your choice.
- I love broccoli and peas but if that’s not your jam, replace those veggies with your favorite ones or leave them out.
- I used pine nuts to garnish because they have great flavor, but I know these nuts are expensive and hard to find. Using pine nuts is optional but you can replace them with your favorite nut. I love the crunch!
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces small noodle pasta
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (if breasts are thick, lightly pound to 1-inch thickness)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan, plus a 1/2 cup for top
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup pine nuts: optional
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to the package directions.
- Sprinkle the chicken on one side with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. When the oil is hot, add the chicken, seasoned-side down, then sprinkle the other side with salt and pepper. Cook until golden brown and cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Drain the pasta. Set aside.
- With the empty chicken skillet over a medium heat, add the white wine vinegar , scraping the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon, until almost fully reduced, about 30 seconds. Add the butter and melt. Add the broccoli and sauté until bright green, about 1 minute. Add the peas and sauté for 1 minute more. Add the garlic and oregano and stir to combine. Add the cream, chicken broth and bring to a simmer, stirring. Stir in the grated Parmesan, lemon zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper. Add the pasta to the sauce and toss well to coat the pasta.
- Slice the chicken breasts thinly and place on top of the pasta, or serve them whole if you prefer. Garnish with pine nuts.
Did you try our Chicken Pasta recipe? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
PASTA RECIPES THAT WILL HELP YOU GET YOUR FIX
I love chicken parmesan, but don’t love time and dishes? If you are like men then this is the dish for you! One pot, 30 minutes! The pasta cooks in the pot with all the sauce and chicken!
This Cajun Chicken Pasta is a winner, winner with its creamy, delicious Cajun sauce and bites of pasta and juicy chicken. It’s the perfect 30 minute dish!
Easy Creamy Tomato Pasta! I’m not a straight marinara sauce lover, but I have found if I put a little cream into the sauce, I’m as happy as a clam!
The other night, we were making dinner and this is what we came up with, Easy Creamy Tomato Pasta! We used the tomatoes that we had bottled last Fall and we had the rest of the ingredients in the pantry. A win, win!