Lemon Blueberry Cookies
Lemon Blueberry Cookies are light and refreshing and scream Summer! They are a blend of fresh blueberries, lemon and creamy white chocolate chips.
I have stayed clear of making recipes with blueberries until this year. Blueberries haven’t been my favorite fruit but my family loves blueberries. So I decided that I needed to branch out and I’m so glad I did!
Blueberries and lemons make the perfect combination. These cookies are so refreshing and you will be doing a happy dance once you taste them. These cookies are so moist and soft that they will melt in your mouth! Honestly, this cookie has made it to the top of my cookie list. That’s hard to do!
It’s always hard to make cookies exactly like the recipe or even the picture looks like, but that’s okay because that’s what is so fun about cooking, a few adjustments and it becomes your own creation. Here are a few ideas if you want to change up the cookie.
- We have suggested a size of cookie but you can make these smaller or larger. Just remember to adjust the cookie time.
- You can add different fruits to this to make it more of a jubilee. Just remember to keep the portions the same when adding more fruit.
- If this cookie is too tart for your liking, use less lemon juice and add a little milk to replace the lemon.
- My husband doesn’t love lemon zest. If you are like him, leave it out!
Lemon Blueberry Cookies
- ¾ cup butter room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 ¾ cups granulated sugar + 1/2 cup for rolling cookie dough in
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray cooking spray on baking sheets, In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, 1 ¾ cups of sugar, cream cheese, for 2 minutes until smooth and fluffy. Add the egg, vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest and beat for 1 minute.
Mix in salt, baking soda, and flour by hand until flour is just combined. Then gently fold in chocolate chips and blueberries—try not to mash any of the blueberries.
Pour 1/2 cup of sugar in a small bowl. Scoop about ¼ cup of dough and roll the ball of dough in the sugar. Freeze the dough balls for at least 1 hour before baking (You need to the freeze the dough or you will have flat cookies).
Bake for 13-16 minutes until the edges of the cookies are just barely golden. Let cookies sit on the cookie sheet for at least 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Did you try our Lemon Blueberry Cookies recipe? What did you think? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
Fruit Pizza Cookies are the best of the best! Easy sugar cookie recipe covered with cream cheese frosting and layered with fresh fruit! Do I need to say anything else?
We love red velvet cake at our house so making them into cookies is a no brainer. Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies are gourmet to say the least.
This is the perfect cookie! These sweet and tart cookies flowing over with delicious flavors. You can’t wrong with an Irresistible Orange Creamsicle Cookies!