Cookies and Cream Cupcakes
We love cookies and cream cupcakes at our house; maybe a little too much. We are confident you will feel the same.
At Ellie’s blessing we had homemade rolls and made sandwiches out of them, fruit, and obviously cupcakes! We hadn’t had cookies and cream cupcakes in a while so I wanted to branch out. Usually, I do a cream cheese frosting but this time I opted for a butter cream frosting. It was too good!
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 stick of butter
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 cups chopped Oreos
- 12 Oreo’s separated in half
- 3 sticks of butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 to 6 cups powdered sugar depending or flavor preference
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 12 Oreos, crushed for topping (optional)
- 12 Oreo’s cut in half for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners and place half of an Oreo at the bottom of each one, frosting side up.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, butter, egg whites, and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed until the eggs and butter are well incorporated, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the bowl as needed.
- Next mix in the sour cream and beat until well combined.
- Add half of the flour followed by the baking powder and the salt. Beat on low speed while pouring in half of the milk and mix just until the flour starts to incorporate.
- Finally, add the remaining flour, mix on a low speed. Add the remaining milk and beat until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl and stir the batter from bottom to the top to ensure it’s well mixed. Slowly fold in chopped Oreos.
- Fill the cupcake liners until they are 2/3’s full. Don’t overfill.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 22 minutes. Insert a toothpick to check for doneness. Cool completely.
- Mix butter, and vanilla. Add in the powdered sugar and whipping cream. Mix until smooth and stiff peaks form.
- Pipe on the frosting and then garnish with crushed Oreo’s and half Oreo in the frosting!
Did you try our Cookies and Cream Cupcakes recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
CHECK OUT THESE CUPCAKE RECIPES
Black Forest Cupcakes are the biggest crowd-pleaser cupcakes I have ever made!
Coconut Lime Cupcakes are the perfect mix of tropical and citrus flavors, with a lime and coconut cupcake base, coconut cream cheese frosting, and toasted coconut on top!
These Banana Cupcakes are perfect for any occasion. We used them for a gender reveal and everyone loved them!