Easy Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells, filled with flavorful chicken, creamy cheese and nestled in a alfredo sauce. Fancy enough for a party and easy enough for a weeknight dinner!
There is a love affair going on at the Lewis’ house with Alfredo sauce! I have kids requesting it for their birthday dinners and just because…. The truth is that it’s hard not to pick up the pan and just drink it because it’s that good!
I always loved Olive Garden’s Alfredo Sauce until we started making our own! I realized that nothing tastes better than homemade. Plus, alfredo sauce is so EASY to make, there is no reason to buy a bottle at the store!
Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
CAN THIS BE A FREEZER MEAL
You bet! Just cook it as the recipe requires and then let it completely cool. It needs to be in a airtight container or covered twice with foil. It will last up to 2 months.
I used a rotisserie chicken because I love the flavor, plus it makes your recipe go together so much faster. If you don’t have a rotisserie chicken but you have fresh chicken, go ahead and use that. Here are a few other variations that can work!
No Chicken: You can replace the chicken with turkey, or shrimp.
Love Veggies: Go ahead and add some vegetables! Baby spinach would go great with this!
Out of Heavy Cream: If you don’t have any cream you can add half and half or straight milk. It still will be amazing!
- 20 whole jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 c. ricotta cheese
- 3/4 c. cottage cheese
- 3/4 c. grated mozzarella cheese, plus more for the top
- 2 c. grated parmesan cheese, plus more for the top
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 c. minced fresh parsley
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 c. milk
- 1 c. heavy cream, plus more as needed
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, cottage cheese, mozzarella, 1 cup of the Parmesan, eggs, 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, salt, pepper, and chicken. Stir to combine, adding 2 tablespoons heavy cream, if needed. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter and sprinkle over the flour. Whisk and cook until the roux turns golden brown. Pour in the milk and cream, whisking constantly, and cook for a few minutes, until thickened. Add the garlic, the additional 1 cup Parmesan, salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon minced parsley, and minced basil and stir until combined. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Set aside.
- Add 1 cup sauce to the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Using a spoon, fill each of the jumbo shells generously with the chicken mixture. Lay them face down in the pan, then pour the sauce all over the top. Sprinkle on extra mozzarella and Parmesan, then bake for 25 minutes, or until bubbly and golden.
Did you try our Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells Recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
GREAT SIDE DISH RECIPES
Grilled Corn Salad is full of sweet corn, pinto beans, tomato, onion and tossed in a cilantro salad dressing. Charred corn adds a lot of flavor to the salad. This quick salad is a perfect side dish in summer gatherings.
Best way to get your toddler to eat veggies, tell them everything is fries. Crispy baked carrot fries work every single time.
Easy Roasted Mexican Street Corn on the Cob! Who needs to find a street vender selling corn? You can make your own delicious Mexican Street Corn in your own oven or on your grill!
Balsamic carrots recipe brings so much color to any dinner! The carrots are bathed in balsamic vinegar, honey, and garlic. This is the perfect side dish!