The flavors going on in this pie are out of this world. Fresh tomatoes, with crisp bacon just takes it to another level of goodness. Then you add all that melty cheese on top – drop the mic!
I just stumbled across BLT Pie for a few weeks ago but to tell you the truth, I didn’t know what to expect. I thought it sounded kind of strange. Well was I wrong! But my love of BLT’s and easy recipes inspired me to make this pie. Once I tasted it, I was hooked. BLT Pie is surprisingly delicious and perfect for Summer. I love it!
TIPS FOR MAKING BLT PIE:
- I just used a premade pie crust when making this recipe. A deep dish pie shell works well here so you can layer all those tomato slices in there.
- If using a frozen pie crust, you’ll need to let it defrost on the counter for about 10 minutes, then prick the crust with a fork.
- If you prefer a homemade crust, you’ll prepare as directed.
- Don’t skip the step of drying off your sliced tomatoes and sprinkling with salt. This will help the crust from becoming soggy.
The fresh ingredients make it the best comfort food. Fresh tomatoes, diced onions, create the first layer; topped with mozzarella cheese, mayonnaise and bacon. All in a basic pie crust and baked for 30 minutes. So good!
- 1 9-inch pie crust (purchased or homemade)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp, drained and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Lettuce OR Basil, for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Slice tomatoes and sprinkle lightly with salt. Let sit in a colander in the sink to drain for 10 minutes.
- Mix the chopped onion and flour and sprinkle into the pie crust. Top with tomato slices. Sprinkle with black pepper. Add the cooked and crumbled bacon.
- In a small bowl, combine the shredded cheese and mayonnaise. Spread over the top of the bacon.
- Bake pie, uncovered, for about 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Garnish with lettuce or basil before serving, if desired.
Did you try our BLT Pie? What did you think? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Mac and Cheese is loaded with diced chicken, crumbled bacon, ranch seasoning, and 2 types of cheese. Supremely cheesy and creamy!
Take your caramel corn game to the next level with this homemade Bacon Caramel Popcorn with peanuts and bacon. You’ll love the salty-sweet combination of this irresistible snack.
Cheesy Bacon Butternut Squash! With the squash and bacon combination, it is a full meal! The squash is so buttery and then you take a bite of bacon and it’s over the top! Your family will be taking seconds of this puppy!