Best Garlic Bread
This easy semi-homemade BEST garlic bread recipe is covered with seasoning, garlic, and is perfectly toasted. This garlic bread will make garlic bread rejoice!
I absolutely love garlic bread! It’s something that I can’t pass up if it’s around me! If you are like me, I’m either in a big hurry or being a little lazy so I grab the premade bread in the store. The store garlic bread is full of goodness but nothing beats homemade or in this case semi-homemade!
You know you can’t order pizza without garlic bread. The truth is I would rather have the garlic bread instead of the pizza!
WHAT KIND OF BREAD DO I USE?
I usually use French bread or a baguette. The crust is makes such a nice crunchy garlic bread. I mean, what can hold all that buttery goodness like a good old French bread.
Artisan bread could be amazing but it changes in my mind what garlic bread is all about!
Best Garlic Bread
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) butter
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 large soft Italian or French loaf
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Mozzarella (or both)
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Arrange a rack in the center of oven and preheat to 450 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the butter is golden and the garlic is very fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Slice the bread in half lengthwise. Liberally brush the crust with the garlic butter. Turn the bread cut-side up. Slice each loaf crosswise at 2-inch intervals without cutting all the way through, making "pull-apart" garlic bread. Liberally brush the cut sides of the bread with more garlic butter, spreading any remaining garlic evenly over top. You should use all the garlic butter. Carefully transfer the bread to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the loaves with the Italian seasoning, Parmesan and a pinch of salt and bake until the edges of the bread are a deep golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Top with the parsley. Serve warm.
Did you try our Best Garlic Bread? What did you think? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH GARLIC BREAD
Easy Creamy Tomato Pasta! I’m not a straight marinara sauce lover, but I have found if I put a little cream into the sauce, I’m as happy as a clam!
The other night, we were making dinner and this is what we came up with, Easy Creamy Tomato Pasta! We used the tomatoes that we had bottled last Fall and we had the rest of the ingredients in the pantry. A win, win!
This Cajun Chicken Pasta is a dinner winner with its creamy Cajun sauce and bites of tender pasta and chicken. It’s one of the easiest dinners, ready in less than 30 minutes.
Pear Gorgonzola Pizza is the thing dreams are made of. This recipe is easy peasy and so delicious!
Sour Cream Beef Enchilada Pizza may sound a little weird. You won’t regret this choice in making this. We used the leftover beef and made enchiladas for the future and froze them! Yes a Win!