Sour Cream Beef Enchilada Pizza may sound a little weird. You won’t regret this choice in making this. We used the leftover beef and made enchiladas for the future and froze them! Win!
Our family tradition for my family is to have a pizza party for Christmas Eve every year and it’s a tradition I love. This year was an international pizza. Yes, my family is a little crazy, we had enchilada pizza and tika masala pizza.
It was so good and so fun! We changed this recipe a little from our enchiladas we have made previously on the blog, so if you liked those you will most definitely like this!
- Pizza dough
- 1 cup of mozzarella
- 2.5 pounds of chuck roast
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 can of Dr. Pepper
- 1/2 large yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 20 oz Chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilies
- Mix together chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Dry rub the meat and sear the edges in a skillet on medium-high heat.
- Place the meat and the remaining ingredients in the crockpot. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. When finished cooking pulls the beef out of the crockpot and shred it.
- Preheat oven and pizza stone to 500 degrees.
- Make the Sour Cream Sauce: In a pot melt butter and put the flour in and create a roux. Then slowly whisk in the chicken broth. Last add in the sour cream and chilies.
- Roll out your pizza dough to about 10 inches in diameter. Spread a 1/2 cup of Sour Cream Sauce on the pizza dough.
- Next, put on mozzarella, you can add extra here if you’d like. Top with Shredded beef and more mozzarella.
- Bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.