Just ask Shayna and I, Pear Gorgonzola Pizza is the thing dreams are made of. This recipe is easy peasy and so delicious!
I have always been a picky eater, my entire life I never liked to try new things. Then you get married and that person tries to get you to eat new things. Then you get pregnant and you crave random things. Out of this my new love of food was born. I find that I am trying new things and exploring new recipes. My brother and sister in law had a similar pizza like this at their wedding and I haven’t been able to stop wanting it since. Nobody makes it better than homemade though, you can add things you love more, take away what you don’t love! This recipe is one of my favorites of all time. Give it a try.
- Pizza Dough (link to our favorite pizza dough recipe)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 1 cup mozzarella
- Caramelized thinly sliced Pears
- Caramelized thinly sliced Red Onions
- 4 slices chopped bacon
- ¼ cup Gorgonzola Cheese
- 3 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven and pizza stone to 500 degrees.
- In medium heated skillet, place thinly sliced pears and onions. Cook until they are clear for about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Roll out your pizza dough to about 10 inches in diameter. Spread olive oil where you would normally put the sauce. You can use a little extra if necessary. Top with the grated parmesan.
- Next, put on mozzarella, you can add extra here if you’d like. Top with Pears, bacon, red onions and Gorgonzola Cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top with balsamic glaze. My husband likes to have a lot of this so you can add what you’d like! Enjoy!