Sheet Pan Egg in the Hole
Sheet Pan Egg in the Hole! Ever since my husband and I have been married, we have had an ongoing debate over how to make the perfect egg sandwich. In my family, you would make a sunny side up egg and place it on two grilled slices of bread.
Mike’s family made the egg in the hole version using a skillet. It’s hard to change habits that you grew up with, but I think we have found even a better way to make our all-time favorite breakfast sandwich. Sheet Pan Egg in the hole!
This is a way easier version than the stove-top! I don’t what it is but the flavor was even better and I don’t think we will ever go back!
Sheet Pan Egg in the Hole
- 12 slices bacon
- 6 slices bread
- butter, at room temperature
- 6 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons Mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place bacon in a single layer onto a baking sheet. Place into oven and bake until par-cooked, about for 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- Cut a 3-inch hole in the center of each bread slice.
- Butter one side of the bread slices. Place the bread onto the prepared baking sheet, buttered side down.
- Add bacon slices and eggs, gently cracking the eggs into each hole and keeping the yolk intact. Sprinkle with Parmesan, Mozzarella and red pepper flakes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. If your bacon is too thick, cut it in half so the egg can sink into the hole.
- Place into oven and bake until the egg whites have set about 12-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with chives, if desired.
9 thoughts on “Easy Sheet Pan Egg in the Hole”
oh wow!!!! this looks so perfect I feel sad having to eat it… lol
This is just a fun and delicious breakfast for the kids
thanks for join us at #alittlebitofeverything
We have eggs and bacon for dinner on a regular basis. I really like this idea for brunch! Thanks for sharing with us at Creatively Crafty. We’ve just started a Facebook group called Creatively Crafty Showcase and you’re invited to join us! It’s another way to share this post and just about anything creative plus we’ll have opportunities to interact/support each other. You’ll find us here http://bit.ly/2TL8Pli. Hope to see you soon!
thank you for inviting me!
This does look good.
I thought this was going to be similar to a dish we have in England called Toad in the hole. Nothing to do with toads! It’s sausages in a Yorkshire pudding which is a batter based thing, kind of like a savoury pancake but a thicker mix. It’s difficult to describe without it sounding awful but it really is delicious!
It sounds so good!
What a great idea, I can make a whole sheet pan full at one time, just love it! Thanks so much for sharing your post with us for our special St. Patrick’s Day Full Plate Thursday! Have a great week and come back soon.
What a fabulous idea! Your sheet pan egg in the hole looks amazing, and I love how the bacon is actually a part of the egg in the hole! Thank you for sharing, and for being a part of the Hearth and Soul Link Party. Hope to see you again this week. Have a lovely week ahead!
Just wondering what cheese you used. Ingredients list mozzarella but instructions say parmesan. Looks really good and would like to try.
lol! it’s both! Thank s for stopping by!