Ham and Cheese Croissants are so so easy to make for a crowd! The mini croissants are toasted and flaky, baked with Dijon-honey, buttery goodness. WHOA.
I was playing around with this recipe on Friday, which I usually don’t do on Friday, because the house is crazy for the weekend. I’m so glad that I did! Lisa came home with her friend and after one bite they asked if I would make more!
Then they get toasted to a perfect golden brown, ooey-gooey, cheesy goodness.
So perfect for a crowd, game day, an after school snack or even for a holiday party. Although I did have 4 of these for dinner tonight so it totally works for supper too!
- 1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons chives, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 12 mini croissants, halved horizontally
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced ham, cut in half
- 6 slices Swiss cheese, diagonally sliced
- 1 large egg white
- poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9 x 13 baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, Dijon, chives and honey; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread butter mixture on each side of the croissants; fill with ham and cheese to make 12 sandwiches.
- Place croissants in a single layer onto the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg white and 1 tablespoon water. Brush tops of croissants with egg white mixture; sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Place into oven and bake until golden brown and toasted, about 15-18 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
Pigs in the Blanket with Cheese Dip