Sour Cream Noodle Bake
Sour Cream Noodle Bake is a classic, comfort food casserole that is meaty, creamy, cheesy and everything you want in an easy weeknight meal!
Today I am sharing Sour Cream Noodle Bake. It’s going to become one of my family’s favorite recipes. It not only tastes AMAZING, but is a great one to prep ahead of time as well! Everything about this dish screams classic comfort food! It would also be a great freezer meal!
SIDE DISH IDEAS
Serving this Sour Cream Noodle Bake with a simple green salad and slice of garlic bread or fresh roll completes this meal. The great thing is that it would be perfect on its own.
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 onion, diced
8 oz. egg noodles
1 c. sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground chuck and onion in a large skillet. Drain fat, then add tomatoes, salt, garlic salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Stir, then simmer while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Cook egg noodles until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese. Add plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Add to noodles and stir.
- To assemble, add half of the noodles to a baking dish. Top with half the meat mixture, then sprinkle on half the grated cheddar. Repeat with noodles, meat, then a final layer of cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until all cheese is melted.
- Serve with your favorite salad.
This Sour Cream Noodle Bake will be good for up to 3 – 4 days. Make sure you use an airtight container to keep it fresh. If you don’t have a container just tightly cover with foil.
You can freeze this dish for up to 3 months. Make sure you cover it tightly and use a freezer- safe container. Perfect freezer meal!
Did you try Sour Cream Noodle Bake? What do you think? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
More Pasta Dishes You’ll Love
Who doesn’t love pasta? Everyone Loves This Bow Tie Sausage Pasta Recipe! Not Only Is It Easy, Cheesy, And Delicious, But It Is A Hit With The Entire Family And You Can Make It Mild Or Spicy Depending On Your Preferences.
This Cajun Chicken Pasta is a dinner winner with its creamy Cajun sauce and bites of tender pasta and chicken. It’s one of the easiest dinners, ready in less than 30 minutes.
Easy Creamy Tomato Pasta! I’m not a straight marinara sauce lover, but I have found if I put a little cream into the sauce, I’m as happy as a clam!
The other night, we were making dinner and this is what we came up with, Easy Creamy Tomato Pasta! We used the tomatoes that we had bottled last Fall and we had the rest of the ingredients in the pantry. A win, win!
8 thoughts on “Easy Sour Cream Noodle Bake”
This looks like my exact idea of yummy comfort food! I will be giving it a try. Thanks for sharing! Smiles, Linda at Paper Seedlings
That looks so creamy and delicious.
This sounds so good!
It really is!
I love your sour cream noodle bake! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us and come back to see us soon!