Strawberry Dump Cake
This Strawberry Dump Cake Recipe will be your new go-to summer dessert! It’s made with 5 ingredients that are “dumped” into a pan and baked. The result is a cobbler-like dessert that tastes delicious with vanilla ice cream or a big dollop of whipped cream.
Here’s some options on how to serve the cake
Be sure to serve Strawberry Dump Cake in bowls and with spoons since it’s nice and gooey! Try serving this sweet treat with:
- cinnamon & sugar – Feel free to sprinkle a little extra on top. Or, you can leave this out altogether if you don’t want this dessert to be too sweet.
- Fresh strawberries – If you have some fresh berries on hand, add a few slices on top as a garnish.
- Colored sprinkles – Try blue to make this patriotic for the Fourth of July!
- Vanilla ice cream – So refreshing on a hot day!
- Whipped cream – Canned is good, or Cool Whip!
Strawberry Dump Cake
- (2) 21-ounce cans strawberry pie filling
- 1 box white cake mix or yellow cake mix
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1 pound sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- Vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with butter or spray it with nonstick baking spray.
- Add the strawberry pie filling to the bottom of the baking dish, and using a rubber spatula, spread it evenly over the surface of the dish.
- Sprinkle the cake mix on top of the strawberry pie filling, distribute evenly. Shake the pan, to make sure the cake mix is spread evenly.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the top of the cake mix, try to distribute it evenly.
- Sprinkle the raw sugar over the melted butter.
- Scatter about half of the strawberry slices over the top of the sugar.
- Bake the Strawberry Dump Cake in the preheated oven for about 45-50 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Start checking on the cake after 40 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it just slightly cool on a cooling rack.
- Scoop cake into bowls, top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Garnish with remaining fresh sliced strawberries. Serve warm.
Did you try this Strawberry Dump Cake recipe? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below!