Better Than Sex Cupcakes are a chocolate, caramel cupcake dream that will make your tummy happy. These aren’t too rich and will be the perfect dessert for any party.
For Sawyer’s party, we decided to do these cupcakes because the cake is rich and delicious and then you top it with a whipped cream topping and heath bar. This makes it so that it’s not too rich but is still a delicious decadent combo of ingredients.
We also, got the cute cupcake toppers on Amazon for our, “Where the wild things are” party theme! This cake was a simple chocolate cake recipe then it was topped with all the goods!!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup of cocoa
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 tall carton of heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups of powdered sugar or more to your taste
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- bag of heath bits
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and combine with the cocoa powder and water. Bring to a bowl and then pull off the burner and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine sour cream, vanilla, and sugar mix until smooth. Add eggs one at a time to the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients and then add to the butter mixture and mix well. Add the boiling water mixture and stir until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners, half full. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. Remember, the cake is ready when you can lightly press on the top and it bounces back.
- While they are baking mix together sweetened condensed milk and caramel. Then after you pull the cupcakes out of the oven, poke a few holes in the top of the cakes and pour a caramel mixture in the holes. Allow cooling. I kept pouring it in at least 3 times.
- Then, in a cold mixing bowl mix your whipping cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar, until you get stiff peaks. You can stabilize the whipping cream if you’d like. I always do, so you just use 1 teaspoon know gelatin and 2 tablespoons water, microwave for 10 seconds, and then let it cool slightly and then gradually mix it in with your whipping cream. Then pipe and top the cupcakes with heath bits!
Twice Baked Honey Cupcakes are different kinds of cupcakes, and even better with a cream cheese frosting!
Black Forest Cupcakes are the biggest crowd-pleaser cupcakes I have ever made!
Put that together with cupcakes, cream cheese and you come up with my all-time favorite desserts, Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes!