WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADA CHILI
White Chicken Enchilada Chili . . . this chicken chili is so packed with so much flavor that no one will guess how easy it is to make!
The weather here at the moment is nuts. One moment we have Spring-like days to a snow blizzard. So I’m swinging between no-cook meals and winter comfort foods. This soup clearly falls in the comfort food bucket!
However, I made this recipe is a semi scratch using Costco rotisserie chicken. But it’s It means you’ll have this on the table in around 20 minutes!
How to store chili
Another great thing about chili is that it keeps well. I store it covered in the fridge. To reheat it, I just microwave it, and the chili stays good for about 4 days.
Can I Freeze Chicken Enchilada Soup?
Yes, this chicken enchilada chili freezes incredibly well. You can freeze this soup for up to 4 months.
- 5 cups boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cooked and shredded ( I used Costco’s rotisserie chicken)
- 28 oz can green enchilada sauce
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup half and a half or heavy cream
- 2 cups Monterey jack cheese
- 8 oz whipped cream cheese
- 8 oz green salsa verde
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of corn
- 2 cans of black beans, drained
- In a large stockpot, add cooked chicken, beans, and broth.
- Add the enchilada sauce, half and half, cheese, cream cheese, green salsa, and corn to the pot. Stir and heat soup until it is warm and the cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Serve with additional green salsa, hot sauce, chips, and sour cream on the side. Enjoy!
This is a recipe that will please the whole family and you won’t feel like you have to make two different meals.