WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADA CHILI
White Chicken Enchilada Chili . . . this chicken chili is so filled over the top flavor! This will become your new obsession!
The weather in Utah is always crazy! One moment it’s super warm and it feels like Spring. An hour later, it’s snowing! So you don’t know if you should make a hearty meal or a salad! This chili fits somewhere in the middle.
Since you don’t know how the weather will be, you can hurry and make dinner and it will be perfect for the season. I made this recipe is a semi scratch using Costco rotisserie chicken. But it’s It means you’ll have this on the table in around 20 minutes!
Chili keeps well. You can store it in an airtight container in the fridge. To reheat it, I just microwave it, and the chili stays good for about 4 days. You can also freeze chicken enchilada chili. You can freeze this soup for up to 4 months.
- 5 cups boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cooked and shredded ( I used Costco’s rotisserie chicken)
- 28 oz. can green enchilada sauce
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup half and a half or heavy cream
- 2 cups Monterey jack cheese
- 8 oz. whipped cream cheese
- 8 oz. green salsa Verde
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of corn
- 2 cans of black beans, drained
- In a large stockpot, add cooked chicken, beans, and broth.
- Add the enchilada sauce, half and half, cheese, cream cheese, green salsa, and corn to the pot. Stir and heat soup until it is warm and the cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Serve with additional green salsa, hot sauce, chips, and sour cream on the side. Enjoy!
This is a recipe that will please the whole family and you won’t feel like you have to make two different meals.