White Bean Chicken Chili! It’s chili season, can I get a hallelujah? It so amazing how a certain kind of food sets the mood for a season. When I think about chili, my mind fills with memories of family, crisp air, and Fall leaves. This white bean chicken chili will become one of your family favorites!
This recipe is full of flavor and has so many layers that your mouth will be having its own party!
- 3 cups Rotisserie chicken, cubed
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small bottle salsa
- 2 cans cannellini beans, drained
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 2 16 ounce cans whole tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a cooking pot, melt butter on a medium heat, add onion, green pepper, and garlic, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Add the the chili powder; cook, stirring, for about 1 minute. Add salsa, tomatoes with their juices. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen the browned bits to add flavor to your chili.
- Add the beans, corn, sugar, salt, and chicken; bring to a simmer.
- Cover; over a low heat, cook until thickened and chicken is warm, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat; you can add chopped cilantro, if desired. We love to eat it with tortilla chips and a dollop of sour cream.
15 thoughts on “White Bean Chicken Chili”
Oh my gosh this looks SO good!!! Definitely saving to my Pinterest now. Thank you for sharing!!
My husband just made a veggie chilli for ‘meatless Monday.’ I may have him add this one into the rotation as well, looks delish!
Looks good! I’ve def got to try this.
You will love it!
Oh my gosh I love chili! I’m wondering if this can be made in the crock pot?
yes it can!
Oh my that looks so so good! I love white bean chili in the fall ?
So clever adding salsa! I don’t know why I never thought of that. This looks amazing and perfect for the cooler weather!
This sounds divine!!! I might have to make this asap!!!
This sounds so good! I was sitting here making out my weekly meal plan, wondering what to put on it. I think this might make its way on the meal plan this week! How yummy!
Yum! This White Bean and Chicken Chili looks incredible. Perfect recipe for this time of year. I will definitely be making this in the near future. Thanks for sharing!
This looks so yummy! can’t wait to try! added it to pinterest!