French Rolls are perfect for any meal you want! We used these for the standard dinner and then used them for breakfast sandwiches the next morning.
I love to make bread. I think it must run in the family, my mom and dad are always baking bread and cookies! Sometimes you just need a really good roll recipe and this was just the ticket!
- 3 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 7 cups bread flour
- In a stand mixer, stir together warm water, yeast, and sugar. Let stand until it foams up, about 10 minutes.
- To the yeast mixture, add the oil, salt, and 2 cups of flour. Stir in the remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough has pulled away from the sides of the bowl. Cover and let sit in the bowl for 5 minutes.
- Then knead on stir in the stand mixer for about 8 minutes. Then Lightly oil a different large bowl with olive oil, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth, and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about an hour.
- Deflate the dough, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into 30 equal pieces. I weighed them to make them the same about 2 oz per roll. Form into round balls, and then place on a greased baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Cover the rolls with a damp cloth, and let rise until doubled in volume, about 40 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
Quick Italian Rolls
If you’re like me you totally forgot to make something to go with dinner. Rolls sound so good but are there enough time for them to rise or thaw or both?
Quick Italian Rolls are your solution. These rolls take just about an hour and a half to make and they are amazing!
Texas Roadhouse Rolls Copycat
We love Texas Roadhouse at our house! That’s why we had to come up with a Texas Roadhouse Rolls Copycat Recipe!
Chuck-a-Rama Rolls Copy Cat Recipe
These rolls are light and fluffy and just flat amazing!
3 thoughts on “French Rolls”
These look like the perfect versatile roll. Thanks for sharing! I pinned for later!
they are so good!
Looks so good! I had an aunt that was really good at making these. Thanks so much for linking up with me at my #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 18, open until November 26. Shared.