Chicken Taco Soup was a dinner idea born out of the things I had in the fridge and pantry. It legit was so good Matt went back for thirds.
Sometimes you don’t plan dinner, sometimes you make whatever you have in the kitchen. There is a really cool app called Supercook, you put in the ingredients you have, and then it gives recipes you can make with what you’ve got.
I used this app before and I remember a recipe about beef taco soup then I just jazzed it up. We had leftover rotisserie chicken, some Taco Bell taco seasoning, potatoes, and cream of chicken soup.
I wasn’t sure it would go together but it was a total success so you’re welcome!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 yellow potatoes, chopped – I did small so it would cook faster
- 2 cups of chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 pack of Taco Bell mild Taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups of whole milk
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
- Optional Toppings: cilantro, fresh tomatoes, tortilla chips, sour cream
- In a large pot on medium heat, melt the butter and then sauté the onions and garlic until aromatic and translucent.
- Then add in the potatoes, taco seasoning, and milk stir until well blended. Then add in the soup and stir. Cook for about 45 minutes until the potatoes are cooked.
- Then add in the chicken and cook until the chicken is hot!
- Dish and serve with desired toppings.