Cookies and Cream Rolls
Love me some serious cinnamon rolls, but what would be better than cookies and cream rolls?
I love cinnamon rolls! We had a bunch of Oreo’s leftover from our last fun dessert, so why not put them in cinnamon rolls? These were delicious, my little sister does not love or eat a ton of desserts, and she loved these.
A few struggles, I didn’t roll the dough thin enough and I cut the rolls too thick. The thinner the dough when you roll it out the better. Good luck!
cookies and cream rolls
- 1 cup warm milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup crushed Oreo cookies
Cheesecake Cream Filling
- 12 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup crushed Oreo cookies
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crushed Oreo cookies
- Make the Dough: Pour the warm milk in a stand mixer bowl. Sprinkle in the yeast and 1 tablespoon sugar. Let sit for 5 minutes and allow to get frothy. Add the eggs one at a time and stir to completely combine after each one. Pour in the butter and stir.
- Add the flour 1 cup at a time, stirring to combine. If you’re using a stand mixer, use the dough attachment and knead for five minutes, until the dough pulls away from the bowl and leaving the bowl clean looking. If you’re mixing by hand, knead for 10 minutes until the dough is smooth and not sticky. Add the Oreos during the last minute or so of kneading.
- Transfer dough to a greased bowl, cover with a clean cloth and place somewhere warm to rise until the dough has doubled in size. Meanwhile, make the filling and frosting.
- For the Filling: Beat the cream cheese and butter together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add sugar and egg, mixing well. Fold in Oreos. Set aside until ready to assemble the rolls.
- Frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add vanilla and salt. Whisk in powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time. Fold in the Oreos. Set aside until ready to assemble the rolls.
- Assemble it all together. Once the dough has risen, roll into a large rectangle, 16×20 inches. Spread the cheesecake filling evenly across the rectangle, leaving one-inch borders all the way around. Roll the dough lengthwise, forming a long log.
- Use plain dental floss to evenly cut the log into 12 equal parts. Place rolls in a greased 9×13 baking dish and let it rise until double in size, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees while the rolls are rising. Bake the rolls for the 15 minutes, until golden brown. Let rolls cool slightly, then frost and enjoy.