Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls
1 1/2 cup sourdough starter
3/4 cups milk (heat in the microwave for about 45 seconds)
2 tablespoons of butter, softened
1 egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 1/4 cups bread flour
1 envelope instant dry yeast
2 tablespoons butter, softened
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 stick of butter softened
1 (8 oz.) Package of cream cheese, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon milk
1. Heat up milk until it is hot but not too hot to touch. Mix in yeast and about a tablespoon of granulated sugar. Set-asides until it begins to bubble.
2. Once the yeast is ready, mix in butter, egg, salt, the remaining sugar, start, and the flour into your kitchen aid with the dough hook. Mix until it is blended together well, about 5 minutes.
3. On a lightly floured counter pull the dough out of the mixer and knead the dough until formed into an oval shape. Allow resting for 15 minutes while covered with plastic.
4. Grease pan with butter. After the dough has rested, stretch, and roll dough into a rectangle about 24 inches by 15 inches.
5. Using a rubber spatula spread the softened butter over all of the dough and then sprinkle in the filling until evenly distributed.
6. Roll the dough hot dog style and then pinch the seam together.
7. Take a knife and cut the dough marking into even 1 1/2 inch sections. Using dental floss cut the dough into about 12 rolls.
8. Place in the baking pan, evenly spaced apart. Allow rising for 45 minutes to an hour or until they have doubled in size.
9. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until they are golden brown.
10. While the rolls are baking, in your mixer, place all the frosting ingredients and mix until they are blended.
11. When the rolls are finished baking I like to put on the frosting. This recipe makes extra frosting, I did that because Momma Kim LOVES her frosting and so there was extra for those who wanted more frosting!