Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls
Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls
1 1/2 cup sourdough starter
3/4 cups milk (heat in the microwave for about 45 seconds)
2 tablespoons of butter, softened
1 egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 1/4 cups bread flour
1 envelope instant dry yeast
2 tablespoons butter, softened
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 stick of butter softened
1 (8 oz.) Package of cream cheese, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon milk
Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls
1. Heat up milk until it is hot but not too hot to touch. Mix in yeast and about a tablespoon of granulated sugar. Set-asides until it begins to bubble.
2. Once the yeast is ready, mix in butter, egg, salt, the remaining sugar, start, and the flour into your kitchen aid with the dough hook. Mix until it is blended together well, about 5 minutes.
3. On a lightly floured counter pull the dough out of the mixer and knead the dough until formed into an oval shape. Allow resting for 15 minutes while covered with plastic.
4. Grease pan with butter. After the dough has rested, stretch, and roll dough into a rectangle about 24 inches by 15 inches.
5. Using a rubber spatula spread the softened butter over all of the dough and then sprinkle in the filling until evenly distributed.
6. Roll the dough hot dog style and then pinch the seam together.
7. Take a knife and cut the dough marking into even 1 1/2 inch sections. Using dental floss cut the dough into about 12 rolls.
8. Place in the baking pan, evenly spaced apart. Allow rising for 45 minutes to an hour or until they have doubled in size.
9. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until they are golden brown.
10. While the rolls are baking, in your mixer, place all the frosting ingredients and mix until they are blended.
11. When the rolls are finished baking I like to put on the frosting. This recipe makes extra frosting, I did that because Momma Kim LOVES her frosting and so there was extra for those who wanted more frosting!
21 thoughts on “Delicious Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls”
Hi! I just found this post at Rooted in Thyme, and these cinnamon rolls look amazing! I love sourdough, and will have to try this recipe with my sourdough start. Thank you!
My mouth is literally watering right this minute! I used to make sourdough bread all the time, but then I got out of the habit. This may have just got me back in! 😉 Pinning…
Oh yes, please! I'm a cinnamon roll freak. Need to get my butt in gear and make sourdough starter again. It's tricky keeping it alive in our cold house, though. :/
Our big leisure treat of the week is reading the "big" paper on Saturday mornings and eating a sweet treat. These look yummy. My son-in-law loves sour dough so these would be an extra treat. Pinning for later and really are looking forward to preparing these !!!
Oh I would love these. I remember when I was growing up, my mother always had a sourdough starter going. Looks delicious
These look amazing!!! This is definitely going onto my pinterest board!! I’d love to invite you to my new link party!! It’s still going on with only a few entries. Three of them get featured this Thursday!! Please come over! http://www.diy-crush.com/blog/4-non-scary-stick-puppet-spider-tutorials/
Cinnamon rolls are a favorite. These look amazing! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
These look really, really good. Thanks for linking up with us this week.
I've never tried sourdough cinnamon rolls. It probably balances the sweetness out nicely. Pinned!
These really do look amazing, but I don't have a sourdough starter and probably won't get through the extra trouble. So, if I want cinnamon rolls then I'll just make the traditional ones. Thanks for sharing, though!
Hi! This sounds delicious! Thanks so much for sharing it at The Wednesday Roundup!! ~Angela~ LeMoine Family Kitchen
Oh my word! Two of my favorites combined. I haven't had any sour dough starter in forever…will have to correct that as I can't wait to make these!
Stopped by from Cookin' and Craftin' and so happy I did! Love your blog and will be a new follower.
While things involving yeast tend to intimidate me, these look so delicious- what a great way to start the day!
I stopped by from Thursday Favorite Things.
I've never made sourdough cinnamon rolls-but I will now! YUM!!
Wow!! These look amazing!!
OMG, these are to die for. I have not had sour dough starter in years. I really need to make these, I am drooling here.
Thanks for sharing at Turn It Up Tuesday,
What beautiful cinnamon rolls – and such a great idea to use sourdough! Thank you for sharing with us at the Hearth and Soul hop. Pinning and sharing.
I love any thing with sourdough thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop, pinning.
Your Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls look amazing, we will just love them. Hope you are having a great day and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
I love cinnamon rolls, and these look delish! I've never made them with sourdough or used a starter! I love that you bring things that are different and fabulous all at the same time! Thanks!
You had me at Cinnamon roll – Thanks for linking up to Pin Worthy Wednesday, I have pinned your post to the Pin Worthy Wednesday Pinterest Board.