Chicken Fried Chicken with Country Gravy is a true family favorite! Crisp fried chicken smothered in a spicy, creamy gravy. Dinner never looked or tasted so good!
Forget chicken fried steak, chicken fried chicken is what’s up. It’s thinner than skin-on, bone-in fried chicken, which means the ratio of breading to meat is higher.
- 3 ½ pounds chicken
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 4 teaspoons pepper
- 4 teaspoons garlic
- Note: 4 teaspoons of Cayenne Pepper to spice it up!
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup of finely
- chopped onion
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream, optional
- Combine the flour, salt, paprika pepper and garlic salt in a pie tin. Saturate the chicken breast
- in the flour mixture and set aside on a plate. Whip the 4 eggs with a fork and
- then soak the chicken breasts in the eggs. Then coat the chicken breast in the
- flour mixture one more time and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a skillet, fill pan with Vegetable Oil and warm on a medium heat. When the oil is hot (it will start to bubble) place the chicken breast into the pan. Cook on each side for about 5 minutes or golden brown. Remember to check the middle to make sure that it’s done. It will be a pink color if it’s not done.
- In a large pan, cook the butter and onions over medium-low heat for 12 to 15 minutes, until the
- onions are lightly browned. Sprinkle the flour into the pan, whisk in, and then add the salt and pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the hot chicken stock mixture. Cook uncovered for 4 to 5 minutes until thickened. Add the cream, if desired. Season to taste and serve.