Chicken Fried Chicken with Country Gravy is a true family favorite! Crisp fried chicken smothered in a spicy, creamy gravy. Dinner never looked or tasted so good!
Forget chicken fried steak, chicken fried chicken is what’s up. It’s thinner than skin-on, bone-in fried chicken, which means the ratio of breading to meat is higher.
- 3 ½ pounds chicken
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 4 teaspoons pepper
- 4 teaspoons garlic
- Note: 4 teaspoons of Cayenne Pepper to spice it up!
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup of finely
- chopped onion
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream, optional
- Combine the flour, salt, paprika pepper and garlic salt in a pie tin. Saturate the chicken breast
- in the flour mixture and set aside on a plate. Whip the 4 eggs with a fork and
- then soak the chicken breasts in the eggs. Then coat the chicken breast in the
- flour mixture one more time and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a skillet, fill pan with Vegetable Oil and warm on a medium heat. When the oil is hot (it will start to bubble) place the chicken breast into the pan. Cook on each side for about 5 minutes or golden brown. Remember to check the middle to make sure that it’s done. It will be a pink color if it’s not done.
- In a large pan, cook the butter and onions over medium-low heat for 12 to 15 minutes, until the
- onions are lightly browned. Sprinkle the flour into the pan, whisk in, and then add the salt and pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the hot chicken stock mixture. Cook uncovered for 4 to 5 minutes until thickened. Add the cream, if desired. Season to taste and serve.
Do you love this recipe? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below!
This taco casserole is layers of tortilla chips, and beef, all topped with plenty of cheese and baked to perfection. Add your favorite taco fixings such as lettuce, tomato, and olives for a hearty and family-friendly meal!
Homestyle Steak n Everything Peppers! Do I need to say more? Bell peppers are loaded with seasoned beef, mushrooms, and onions, then they’re and finished with provolone cheese and baked until perfectly tender, and they are so nutritious! It’s a delicious dinner in one that you’ll want to on regular rotation!
Can’t get enough of your favorite Greek restaurant’s gyros? Try this quick and easy chicken gyro recipe for something just as delicious, but far better for you! Marinated chicken tenders, packed with flavor from warm spices, and loaded into a pita wrap with homemade creamy cucumber sauce and all the fixings you love!