These Low Carb Baked Ham and Egg Cups are the perfect on-the-go breakfast. The ham makes a cup that is stuffed full of eggs and cheese.
The truth is that these little gems are that they would be perfect for any meal. You can serve them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I’m still on the search for things that my husband can eat on Keto and still feed the rest of the family. The struggle is real.
These egg cups, nestled inside crisp Black Forest ham, is the perfect recipe to fulfill that request.
You can personalize each little cup to satisfy even the pickiest eater. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper, and maybe a dash of parsley. Make a stack of buttery toast, hot chocolate, and breakfast is done. Simple, nutritious and completely delicious.
- Cooking spray, for pan
- 12 slices ham
- 1 c. shredded cheddar
- 12 large eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400º degrees and grease a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- While the oven is heating, drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil into a skillet and add the onion and green pepper. Saute for about 5 minutes and then set aside.
- Line each cup with a slice of ham. Add a spoon full of green pepper and onion mixture. Sprinkle with cheddar. Crack an egg into each ham cup and season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Bake until eggs are cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes (depending on how runny you like your yolks).
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
we love breakfast: