Sometimes, you just should not mess with a good thing! I can’t even deal with these photos. I want to lick my screen even though I have this whole platter of caramel delicious monkey bread in my kitchen. This breakfast is monkey bread on steroids, that’s for sure. And it’s going to be your new favorite, I promise you!
This has been a family favorite for years but then it seemed to fall back in the dessert category. I know, right? I don’t know how that happened. When we are all together, sometimes that means we need to desserts to satisfy the crew. I had made a chocolate sheet cake, which is so delicious in its own right but this delicious monkey bread won the day!
I used a Springform pan this time instead of the bundt pan. The positive of using the springform pan is that the bread is easily removed from the pan. Just make sure to put tin foil around the bottom of the pan so you don’t lose any of that caramel goodness!
- 16 frozen dinner rolls such as Rhodes
- 1 3.5 ounce cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding (NOT instant!)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- Prepare the desired pan. (Spray with baking spray in a Springform pan or bundt pan)
- Sprinkle nuts in the pan if desired.
- Add twenty frozen rolls around the pan.
- Evenly spread dry pudding mix over rolls.
- In a medium bowl combine sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter. Pour over rolls.
- Leave on counter, uncovered, overnight. If you want to cover spray a piece of plastic wrap with non-stick spray and loosely place over the pan.
- When ready to serve, place in oven and bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes.