TALK ABOUT A FESTIVE, VIBRANT DISH…THIS POMEGRANATE SALSA IS SO PRETTY AND PERFECT FOR THE HOLIDAYS OR ANYTIME POMEGRANATES ARE IN SEASON. WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE??
The party season is upon us and if you are like me you are looking for recipes that are delicious but easy to make. The next party you have, whip yourself up some Pomegranate Salsa! It’s so versatile! You can serve it over a block of cream cheese, or in a bowl with a side of chips or it would even be delicious on your grilled chicken!
This is a perfect dish for the holidays but perfect at any time of the year! The only problem is, I can’t stop eating it once I have started! It’s that good!
- 1 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup minced red onion
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- Lemon zest
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 8 oz brick of cream cheese
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- In a mixing bowl, combine pomegranate seeds, almonds, onion, jalapeno, and zest. Toss to combine.
- Place cream cheese on a serving plate, top with pomegranate salsa.
- Place honey in a small ramekin, heat in microwave for 10 seconds or so, add in lemon juice and stir. Pour over assembled cream cheese/Pomegranate Salsa. Serve with toasted crackers.