At my house, it is so sunny and beautiful today! I’m getting so excited to have some BBQ’s with my family! We love to get together on Sunday afternoon and go down to the lake and have Sunday dinner. We love dips and this one has jumped to the top of the “all time” favorite one. It’s the kind of dip that once you start, you just can’t stop!
Ingredients: Click to print
2 boneless chicken breasts
2 whipped cream cheese
1/3 cup ranch dressing
½ cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 1/4 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce, divided
2-4 teaspoons hot sauce, or more to taste
1 cup cheddar cheese, divided
1 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
1 green pepper thinly sliced then halved
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced then halved
Salt and pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
Bread, chips, or crackers for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a 8×8 pan place chicken breasts and pour 1/2 cup barbecue sauce over the chicken. Turn chicken a few times to completely cover in the BBQ sauce. Generously season the chicken with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until chicken is baked through. Let chicken rest at least 5 minutes before shredding.
- Place cream cheese into a mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Add sour cream, 3/4 cup BBQ sauce, minced garlic, ranch dressing, cumin and hot sauce to taste and beat until smooth. Add shredded chicken, onion, bacon and green pepper, and mix well.
- Stir in ½ cup cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese. Add mixture to a lightly greased Dutch oven skillet or baking dish that is at least 8 x 8 and spread out evenly.
- Top with remaining ½ cup cheddar cheese, and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Optional: Drizzle with BBQ Sauce and extra bacon.
- Serve as a dip with crackers/chips or as a spread with bread. Best served warm.