This Hot Wing chili recipe is loaded with chicken, white beans, and hot sauce. Top it off with some blue cheese or cheddar before serving. There are no words for this chili!
The great thing about this chili is that you don’t have to be a hot wing lover to enjoy it. It does have a little kick but I’m not one for a lot of heat and I love it.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, grilled
- 1 cup carrots, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can white northern beans, drained
- 1 Tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup Franks hot sauce
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 ounce)
- 1 can stewed, fire-roasted tomatoes (15 ounce)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot over a medium heat, pour in the olive oil and cover the bottom with the oil.
- Add the carrots, onion, celery, garlic, paprika and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for about 7 to 8 minutes. Add the water chestnuts and stir.
- While this is simmering, cook your chicken on the grill.
- Pour the chicken stock and stir. Add the hot sauce, liquid smoke, tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes and white beans, combine.
- Using a measuring cup, take 1 1/2 cups of the chili and blend in your mixer, until smooth. Then add back to the chili and stir. This will help thicken your chili.
- Cut up your chicken into bite size pieces and add to the chili.
- Bring the chili to a boil and then turn down the heat to low. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes to let the flavors come together.
- Garnish with blue cheese crumbles or ranch dip!