It’s chili season, can I get a hallelujah? It so amazing how a certain kind of food sets the mood for a season. When I think about chili, my mind fills with memories of family, crisp air, and Fall leaves. This white bean chicken chili will become one of your family favorites!
This recipe is full of flavor and has so many layers that your mouth will be having it’s own party!
- 3 cups Rotisserie chicken, cubed
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small bottle salsa
- 2 cans cannellini beans, drained
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 2 16 ounce cans whole tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a cooking pot, melt butter on a medium heat, add onion, green pepper, and garlic, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Add the the chili powder; cook, stirring, for about 1 minute. Add salsa, tomatoes with their juices. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen the browned bits to add flavor to your chili.
- Add the beans, corn, sugar, salt, and chicken; bring to a simmer.
- Cover; over a low heat, cook until thickened and chicken is warm, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat; you can add chopped cilantro, if desired. We love to eat it with tortilla chips and a dollop of sour cream.