Chicken Fried Rice is a quick and easy dinner idea. We used a bunch of our leftovers.
We had a rotisserie chicken from Costco and we had a leftover chicken that we had deboned. I had been making sandwiches but in an effort to try something different, I decided to make fried rice. Hopefully, you guys will like this as much as I did!
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2/3 cup frozen green peas
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of rotisserie chicken, chopped
- soy sauce, to taste
- sesame oil, to taste
- Cook the white rice according to directions. I cooked mine in a rice cooker.
- In a small pot, boil carrots in water for about 3 to 5 minutes. Drop peas into boiling water, cook an additional 2 minutes and then drain.
- Heat wok over high heat. Pour in oil, then cook onions and garlic for 1 minute or until the onions are translucent. Next, stir in carrots and peas; cook about 30 seconds. Crack in eggs, stirring quickly to scramble eggs with vegetables. Stir in cooked rice. Shake in soy sauce and toss rice to coat. Drizzle in some sesame oil, toss to coat again.
Need More Ideas?
Crockpot Rice-A-Roni Soup
Slow Cooker Chicken Pad Thai
Slow Cooker Garlic Cider Roast