Slow Cooker Chicken Pad Thai is the perfect dinner to come home to after a long day at work!
School started this week and I have been so busy with everything for school. I didn’t get everything I wanted to accomplish this summer done. This year we are going to eat out less and pack lunches more. This is our goal every year. Hopefully, we can do better this year. Matt and I used to go and get Thai food every other week and then our favorite Thai restaurant moved. This was a really great dinner idea!
Pad Thai Sauce
- 6 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 7 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2/3 cup of water
- juice of one lime
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 7 green onions chopped
- 1/2 head of cabbage, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 Zucchini
- 5 mini sweet peppers, sliced
- 1 container of rice noodles
- 1-2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- In a microwavable bowl or measuring cup, place all the ingredients for the Pad Thai Sauce. Heat in the microwave for two minutes and whisk until the peanut butter melts into the sauce.
- In a slow cooker, place the chicken at the bottom and pour the Pad Thai sauce on top of it. Add garlic and 3 of the chopped green onions. Cook on low for 5 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- You can add the veggies in the crockpot for the last hour- or you can save the vegetables and make stir fry. Sautee the veggies in the toasted sesame oil. Add the chicken and mix together.
- Cook the rice noodles, and mix in the Pad Thai chicken and cooked vegetables. Top with chopped green onions and bean sprouts.