Well, I guess it’s Peach season, we’ve been getting Peaches from everyone! Best way to use peaches is Peach Ice Cream.
I’m going, to be honest. Peaches are not my favorite, but this ice cream was so amazing! My husband loves ice cream more than anyone I know. His dad is the Schwann’s man and so he has had ice cream his whole life so he’s pretty picky, but for someone who doesn’t like peaches, I loved his ice cream!!
- 4 cups peeled and sliced peaches (about 5 peaches)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced peaches, sugars, lime juice, and vanilla. Stir to combine and allow to sit for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the sugars have dissolved and the peaches are juicy.
- Place peach mixture in the blender or food processor and pulse until the peaches are broken down but not totally pureed. Some small chunks of peaches are ok. Add in the heavy cream and mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into an airtight container and chill in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours or overnight.
- When the base is chilled, follow manufacturer’s directions for churning in your ice cream maker. Once churned, place in an airtight freezer-safe container and freeze for a few hours to harden before serving.