Feeling fancy?! Make Chicken Parmesan Lasagna, you will not regret it!
Dinner at the Reese’s tonight can not be topped. This is fairly simple recipe, don’t be intimidated by the amount of steps in the recipe. I was able to make this last night with out too much effort, Grey was hanging on my leg the entire time, but still able to make it! Win! I have been on a chicken parmesan kick as of lately, and this did not disappoint. This was absolutely amazing! Please try this recipe!
- 3 chicken breasts
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, divided
2 cups italian bread crumbs
- vegetable oil, for frying
2 cups cottage cheese
24 oz Three cheese marinara sauce
- 9 lasagna noodles
1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 ½ cups shredded parmesan
- Cut chicken breasts in half (pound thin if necessary) and season with salt and pepper. I bought mine pre-thin sliced.
- Add the flour, 3 eggs, and bread crumbs to 3 separate shallow dishes. Beat the eggs. Coat the chicken in the flour, then the eggs, and finally in the bread crumbs.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Fry the chicken on both sides until golden brown. Let drain on paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cottage cheese and the remaining egg.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread about ⅓ of the marinara sauce over the bottom of a casserole dish. Top with 3 lasagna noodles, ½ of the ricotta mixture, and 3 chicken cutlets. Sprinkle with ½ cup of mozzarella and ½ cup of Parmesan cheese. Repeat to make another layer, then finish with the remaining sauce and mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45-60 minutes, uncovering the lasagna for the last 10 minutes of baking.
- Top with parsley.