Feeling fancy?! Make Chicken Parmesan Lasagna, you will not regret it!
Dinner at the Reese’s tonight can not be topped. This is a fairly simple recipe, don’t be intimidated by the number of steps in the recipe.
I was able to make this last night without too much effort, Grey was hanging on my leg the entire time, but still able to make it! Win!
I have been on a chicken parmesan kick as of lately, and this did not disappoint. This was absolutely amazing! Please try this recipe!
- 3 chicken breasts
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, divided
2 cups Italian bread crumbs
- vegetable oil, for frying
2 cups of cottage cheese
24 oz Three cheese marinara sauce
- 9 lasagna noodles
1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 ½ cups shredded parmesan
- Cut chicken breasts in half (pound thin if necessary) and season with salt and pepper. I bought mine pre-thin sliced.
- Add the flour, 3 eggs, and bread crumbs to 3 separate shallow dishes. Beat the eggs. Coat the chicken in the flour, then the eggs, and finally in the bread crumbs.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Fry the chicken on both sides until golden brown. Let drain on paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cottage cheese and the remaining egg.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread about ⅓ of the marinara sauce over the bottom of a casserole dish. Top with 3 lasagna noodles, ½ of the ricotta mixture, and 3 chicken cutlets. Sprinkle with ½ cup of mozzarella and ½ cup of Parmesan cheese. Repeat to make another layer, then finish with the remaining sauce and mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45-60 minutes, uncovering the lasagna for the last 10 minutes of baking.
- Top with parsley.