Easy Beef Stew
Easy Beef Stew! As I look at the window, snowflakes are gently falling from the sky. All I can think about are things that are warm and cozy.
I haven’t ever tackled beef stew before but I had a roast in the freezer and I thought ” what the heck”! I’m so glad I did!
It takes a little bit of time to make but it’s well worth it! You can make it ahead of time because the flavor just gets better with time and the meat will get so tender! This beef stew has rich and complex flavors and will make you feel so comfy and cozy!
Easy Beef Stew
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 lb. beef chuck stew meat, cubed into 1″ pieces
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, chopped
11/2 cups carrots, diced
2 stalks celery, chopped
Salt and black pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c. tomato paste
6 c. beef broth
1 c. grape juice
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. dried thyme
2 bay leaves
1 lb. baby potatoes halved
1 c. frozen peas
- In a large Dutch oven (or pot), over medium heat, heat oil. Add beef and cook on all sides until seared, 10 minutes, working in batches if necessary. Transfer beef to a plate.
- In the same pot, cook onion, carrots, and celery until soft, 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add garlic and tomato paste and cook until garlic is fragrant and tomato paste has darkened, 2 minutes.
- Add beef back to Dutch oven then add broth, grape juice, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and let simmer until beef is tender, 30 minutes.
- Add potatoes and simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender, 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves. Stir in peas and cook until warmed through 2 minutes.
Garnish with parsley before serving.
YUMMY RECIPES TO TRY
8 thoughts on “Easy Beef Stew”
This recipe sounds delicious. Do you know of a substitute I could use for the grape juice? I’m diabetic and would like to replace the juice with something that contains less sugar. Thanks for your help.
you can just use more beef broth instead of the grape juice.
One of my favorite family meals
I love a beef stew as your recipe is slightly different from the one I use, I will follow it soon #alittlebitofeverything@_karendennis
Yum, looks great. Perfect for a snowy day.
We have good old stew quite often in our family, it’s a favourite but I’m always looking for slight variations to try.
Perfect cold weather meal! Snow and freezing rain are the norm in my area now. This is a great way to warm the soul. Thanks for sharing on Sunday’s Best. I’ll be featuring your recipe.
Yum, looks so delicious. I am pinning! Happy Weekend, Kippi #kippiathome
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday, we hope you have a great week & come back soon!