Lemon Chicken Soup
Lemon Chicken Soup! I’m a soup girl! That means I’m always in search of a new twist on an old soup recipe. I wasn’t sure that I would love this as much as I love creamy soups but I did! Let me introduce to you Lemon Chicken Soup! Your new favorite!
We made this soup about a week ago and how I have been feeling this week, I think it’s time for a repeat! Of course, soup is the very best comfort food in the winter months. It’s so inviting and cozy, and since you use a whole chicken, it makes the most amazing homemade broth! It sounds time-consuming but it’s not! You throw the whole chicken in your stockpot and wait for the magic to happen!
Lemon Chicken Soup
- 1 (3-4 pound) whole chicken
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 2 carrots, halved
- 2 celery ribs, halved
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt and black pepper, to taste, be generous with your seasoning
- 2/3 cup long-grain white rice
- 11/2 cups diced carrots
- 11/2 cups diced celery
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- fresh parsley
- Place chicken, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, and 8 cups water in a large stockpot or Dutch oven; season with 1 tablespoon salt and 2 teaspoons pepper.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until chicken is fork-tender, about 1 hour. Remove chicken and shred; discard skin and bones. Set aside. Strain broth, and discard solids.
- Return broth to the pot. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer. Stir in rice; cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, carrots, and celery. Cook, covered, until the rice is tender, about 10 more minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately.
3 thoughts on “Easy Lemon Chicken Soup”
This looks amazing and simple. I love a nice soup on a chilly winter evening. Especially with a fire going in the fireplace. Thank you so much for sharing. I cannot wait to try this.
yum this look so delicious and a perfect winter warmer x #alittlebitofeverything
thank you! it’s so good!