After making Sunday dinners for so many years, I get kind of tired of the same old recipes. Don’t get me wrong, I do love a good roast or chicken but every once in a while I want to try something new! I’m so glad this recipe came into our lives. Chicken Noodle Casserole is so quick and easy to make but it won’t disappoint in flavor!!
In the Winter months, all I want is something to eat that feels comfy and goes well with my chunky sweater! This is the coziest, most comforting casserole!
- 8 ounces medium pasta shells
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large sweet onions, diced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and Black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups Crispy Fried Onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- Melt butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, and cook, stirring often, until golden brown and caramelized about 20 minutes.
- Whisk in flour and garlic until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken stock, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced and slightly thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in pasta, chicken, sour cream, 3 tablespoons chives and parsley; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Top with Crispy Fried Onions.
- Place into oven and bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with remaining 1 tablespoon chives, if desired.