With the new house, we live so close to the school I can hurry and drive home at lunch and throw dinner in the crockpot! It’s super nice!
This recipe made me excited for dinner! Crockpot Garlic Herb Chicken and Orzo is the perfect dinner!
This meal was flavorful! It almost tasted too good to be a quick crockpot meal. Honestly, I had never made orzo pasta myself but it was super awesome!
Grey loved the Orzo so much!!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley chopped
- Season chicken with the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper on both sides. Cook in a large nonstick skillet on the stove over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes each side until browned.
- Move the chicken to the slow cooker. Add chicken broth, butter, onions, and garlic.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 to 2 hours or on low for 3 to 4 hours.
- Then stir in the Orzo, cover, and cook on high for another 30 to 45 minutes.
- Uncover and use a fork to pull the chicken out to stir the pasta and then place the chicken back on top.
- Then top with parmesan, and allow the cheese to melt. Top with parsley and serve!