When I was little I hated everything. I was literally the most picky eater on earth. I have grown up and branched out! One of the things I hated most was probably coleslaw. It was so gross to me. The Slow Cooker Carolina Style Pork Sliders made me rethink that! These are the best!
This is the thing. This is simple and the leftover meat can be used for multiple things, including but not limited to, tacos, sandwiches, enchiladas and so much more! This recipe is literally one of my most favorite recipes!
- 1.5 pound pork shoulder
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 onion quartered
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard
- 3 cups green cabbage, finely shredded
- 3 cups red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 large carrot, finely shredded
- 1/3 yellow onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Hawaiian Rolls
- BBQ Sauce (We used Stubbs, I like the Honey one)
- Pork: In a bowl stir together brown sugar, smoked paprika, garlic powder, kosher salt, and pepper. Rub on to the pork and put in a Ziplock bag and refrigerate over night.
- Place pork in a crockpot. In a bowl whisk together apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and brown mustard. Then dump over the pork, and put in the quartered onion. Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Slaw: Place all ingredients in a bowl and stir until the cabbage is equally covered.
- Put together your sandwiches. Pork, then top with BBQ and then top with the slaw! Enjoy!