Dinner is getting more and more interesting. We love trying new things especially if it helps me clear my cupboards of things I haven’t used in a while. Honey Balsamic Baked Chicken Thighs is delicious!
We have been trying to not eat out as much because we are saving money for our future and fun! We had some extra chicken thighs in the freezer along with some honey we’ve had forever. We love pan dinners where we can have our veggies baking at the same time as our chicken. It makes for less mess and roasted vegetables are my favorite.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 6 chicken thighs bone in, skin on
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a large Ziploc bag mix together the balsamic, soy sauce, honey, olive oil, garlic, ginger, green onion, and salt. Add the chicken and try to push out all of the air and move the chicken around in the bag until it’s thoroughly covered. Marinate overnight or for at least 3 hours.
- When you are ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the cookie sheet with tinfoil. Remove the chicken from the bag and reserve the marinade. Shake of any excess marinade from the chicken and place the chicken skin side down.
- Bake the chicken for 30 minutes. Remove the chicken from the oven. Flip the chicken skin side up. Turn the oven to broil, once it has heated to temperature put back in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes.
- While chicken is baking transfer the marinade to a medium sauce pa. Whisk the cornstarch with 3 tablespoons of cold water. Bring the marinade to a boil, and whisk in the cornstarch mixture. Continue to boil until sauce thickens. Remove the glaze from the stove and set it aside.
- Remove chicken from oven, brush it with the prepared glaze and serve immediately.