It’s so funny, as a mom, you make a lot of different recipes and love some and not so much the others. There are always a few that you keep going back to and know your family will love them! Congo bars are one of mine! I started making these when I was first married and would make them all the time but it’s been a while.
My daughter has been begging me to make cookies for weeks and I just haven’t had the time since we have been getting our house ready to sell. Last night, I broke down and made a delicious pan of congo bars! When I’m feeling a little lazy and I don’t want the mess of regular cookies, I turn to the good old bar cookie recipes!
They are so easy to make and your mouth will be so happy! I love the crispy edges but the middle is so chewy and perfect too! Can you imagine these with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream? Heaven!!!
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2/3 cup salted butter (softened)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2-2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add in eggs and vanilla and stir until combined. Mix the baking powder and salt with 1 cup of flour. Pour into the butter mixture and stir in the rest of the flour. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Grease a 13×9 pan and lightly dust with flour. Press dough into pan with flour on your hands. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until lightly browned.Test with a tooth pick. The dough should be soft in the center.
- Allow bars to cool and then enjoy!
COOKIE BAR RECIPES