Cheesy Taco Lasagna Casserole are the things dreams are made of. Make this for your family tonight and you’ll be glad you did.
It’s our first week in our new house. Currently, I am going through the things that we kept from our old rental and stored. I need to use a lot of the stuff before it goes bad. Not to mention I’ve been on a Mexican food kick for about 3 months. My husband loves lasagna and tacos, so why not combine the two.
- 24 oz Extra Wide Egg Noodles
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- 1 package Taco Seasoning
- 6 oz Cream Cheese
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 3 cups Mild Salsa, separated
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 16 oz container Mild Taco Sauce
- Cook the noodles according to the directions until al dente.
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, brown the ground beef. Drain any fat, then add the taco seasoning according to the directions on the package. Then add cream cheese and sour cream and cook on low until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- In a 9×13 casserole dish, combine half of the ground beef mixture with 2 cups of the salsa and spread on the bottom of the dish.
- Layer half of the cooked noodles on top of the meat mixture. Pour half of the mild taco sauce on top of the noodles, and then half of the cheese.
- Then ad 1 cup of salsa to the remaining ground beef and pour on top of the cheese, then the rest of the noodles. Then remaining taco sauce and cheese. Cover with foil until you are ready to bake. I put mine in the fridge until I was ready to cook.
- Bake at 350 degrees, covered with foil, for 25 to 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.